SLS can help and advise in calculating carbon footprints, implementing carbon emission reductions, training staff, encouraging clients with tree planting and carbon labelling products.
In June 2021 we achieved PAS 2060 Carbon Neutrality and provide a robust framework and credible certification that SLS has reduced its carbon emissions to net zero.
We reduce our carbon footprint by:
- Using the latest and most energy-efficient printing presses and equipment. For example, pre-press production is totally digital and direct to plate, eliminating film and chemicals.
- Regular and programmed maintenance of all equipment.
- Ensuring energy-saving devices are used such as low energy bulbs or rechargeable batteries.
- Ensuring we maintain the most energy-efficient tariffs for utility consumption and discussing potential savings measures with our provider.
The carbon footprint of our deliveries is minimised by:
- Reporting, advising on or restricting order frequency or batching orders to be dispatched only on specified days of the week resulting in very few individual deliveries.
- Automatic stock control; any regular stock call-offs by our clients can be profiled and created automatically. If, for example, a location has enough storage capacity for two weeks’ worth of printed items, we can replenish, based on the trend and profile of that particular location. This can not only save a great deal of time, but also eliminates the risk of any oversights which might result in additional, costly, one-off orders (not to mention the reduction in carbon footprint for both SLS and our clients!)”
- Using GPS to determine the most effective route to each location, thereby reducing fuel consumption; In upgrading our vehicles we select those that have electric, dual fuel and the lowest emissions.
SLS measures its carbon emissions as part of its EMS and ISO14001 certification; we audit these figures twice yearly and research potential reductions.